Have you been appointed as an administrator or executor of an estate? Whenever a person passes away, his or her estate needs to be collected and managed. Estate administration is the process by which the decedent’s assets are gathered together, debts are paid, and the remaining assets are distributed to beneficiaries. This process is supervised by the CA court system known as the Probate Court. As a fiduciary, utmost care is required to avoid getting sued.
Merrill A. Hanson knows what it takes to wind up an estate, and he strives to wind up your loved one’s affairs outside of probate court as efficiently as possible. Most administrations require assistance in the following areas:
- Preparation and recording of documents with the Registrar Recorder/County Clerk
- Inventory of assets and liabilities
- Negotiation with creditors
- Business Succession
- Changes in title
- Coordination with other professionals for preparation of tax returns for the decedent as well as the decedent's estate.
If you want to file a probate in California, probate law does not require you to hire an attorney to settle the estate, however, even the average estate can become complicated and require the assistance of a professional. If litigation cannot be avoided, Merrill A. Hanson can represent an Executor, Administrator, or Beneficiary with:
- Will contests
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Will interpretation or modification
- Ambiguities in the will
- Creditors claims against the estate
- Estates that have unresolved claims
- Estates that are large and complicated
Compliance with laws and fiduciary duties in a quick and efficient manner is key to a smooth estate administration. Merrill A. Hanson has the legal and financial qualifications to get things done efficiently.